|Photo courtesy of Carl Guerra.|
Monday, January 10, 2011
Even seven inches of snow has not deterred the Furnace from its interpretive mission! The "trial by ice" was successfully weathered, and the exhibit remains intact. A good sign.
When visiting the site, we invite you to listen to the Bluff Furnace audio tour on your cell phone. Call 423-535-9083, then enter 73 # when prompted. An on-site sign with the audio tour number will be installed soon.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Two days of wind and rain had no discernible effect on the panels. While this is what we expected, it's nevertheless a relief.
Friday's (Dec. 31) installation generated a lot of publicity for the project, to wit:.
- WUTC Around and About interview (aired Jan. 5) about the site and the exhibit-making process, accessed on their blog at http://wutcana.wordpress.com/2011/01/05/4659/
- A 30 minute-talk radio (WGOW) discussion (Jan. 3) about the project featuring Frances and Nick with host Andrae McGary.
- Allison Carter's photographs appeared in the January 1 metro edition of the Times-Free Press under the title "Bluff View Artwork."
- Wesley Schultz of Chattanooga.com produced an extensive photographic blow-by-blow of the process; you can see it at http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_191461.asp
- Channel 9 (WTVC) covered the work in a 6:00 News presentation entitled "Restoring Bluff View History Through Art" at
- Finally, the Channel 12 (WDEF) news coverage, "Bluff Furnace Art Installation," can be viewed at
|Allison Carter, Photographer|
|The Unknown Camera Man (probably with Channel 9)|