Two days of wind and rain had no discernible effect on the panels. While this is what we expected, it's nevertheless a relief.
Friday's (Dec. 31) installation generated a lot of publicity for the project, to wit:.
- WUTC Around and About interview (aired Jan. 5) about the site and the exhibit-making process, accessed on their blog at http://wutcana.wordpress.com/2011/01/05/4659/
- A 30 minute-talk radio (WGOW) discussion (Jan. 3) about the project featuring Frances and Nick with host Andrae McGary.
- Allison Carter's photographs appeared in the January 1 metro edition of the Times-Free Press under the title "Bluff View Artwork."
- Wesley Schultz of Chattanooga.com produced an extensive photographic blow-by-blow of the process; you can see it at http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_191461.asp
- Channel 9 (WTVC) covered the work in a 6:00 News presentation entitled "Restoring Bluff View History Through Art" at
- Finally, the Channel 12 (WDEF) news coverage, "Bluff Furnace Art Installation," can be viewed at
|Allison Carter, Photographer|
|The Unknown Camera Man (probably with Channel 9)|